How many times have you been forced to sacrifice kief that you can’t dislodge from tight corners of your grinder, rolling tray or stash box? It can be so frustrating to clean around the spokes of a grinder, especially when the only tools available to you are woefully inadequate. Generic plastic tools just don’t make the grade when it comes to preserving that precious kief.
What is Kief?
Commonly referred to as pollen, kief is comprised of the resin-producing trichomes that coat the outside of cannabis flowers. These trichomes contain all of the cannabinoids and terpenes that make cannabis such a versatile plant. Unfortunately, kief easily falls off of your buds when disturbed, leaving all of that good stuff stuck to your grinder and storage containers.
Kief can be used in several creative ways to enhance your cannabis experience, including:
- Preparing edibles: With a relatively small amount of kief, you can make cannabis-infused butter or oil to add to edibles.
- Incorporate kief into a joint or bowl: Sprinkling a little kief in with your dry herb will add flavor and potency to your vaping or smoking session. You can even coat chunks of herb in kief powder to make tasty moonrocks.
- Making hash: You can press larger amounts of kief with a kief press to make your own hash.
- Conserving cannabis: Reincorporating lost kief into your sessions means you will need to use less herb. This can save you from making too many trips to your favorite dispensary and spending your hard-earned cash.
Check out our awesome blog for more guides on what to do with kief!
Metal Pollen Scraper vs. Standard Plastic Tools
Thick and clumsy, standard plastic scrapers fail to reach tight corners. Because plastic is a semi-porous material, kief tends to stick to plastic tools. This leaves you with the added step of having to scrape the kief from your scraper.
In contrast, the stainless steel Keefer Scraper has advanced kief-saving features, such as:
- Durable stainless steel construction: Kief slides right off of the steel sides of the Keefer scraper.
- Kief scoop: The kief scoop fits right along the inside edges of a standard herb grinder. The scoop comes in handy for moving piles of kief without spilling. The scoop end fits right in your palm and makes a great handle for scraping tough areas.
- Pointed scraper with flat sides: The triangular scraper has flat edges so that you can get into those grinder spokes and scrape every last bit into your kief container.
With an effective tool like the Keefer Scraper, you can quickly clean out your grinder after every few sessions. After a couple of scoops, you’ll be left with a pile of fresh kief, saving a fortune on questionable quality pollen products.
Best Kief Tool & Metal Pollen Scraper
This luxury pollen kief scraper tool is made from premium stainless steel metal. The Keefer Scraper is equipped with a keef collector shovel, allowing your to gather more efficiently. Most importantly it’s designed to load, pack and collect efficiently. It can be used a multiple of ways, for your cannabis grinder, rolling tray, herb jar, weed bowl and container. Therefore making it your go-to kief tool to get the job done.